Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I'm wishing you all of my best

To my friends, family, and acquaintances who are in and/or able to vote in the State of Wisconsin:

Today I am reminded of Ani DiFranco's song, "Hello Birmingham" (lyrics: http://www.danah.org/Ani/ToTheTeeth/HelloBirmingham.html)...

Hello Madison, it's Greensboro...
I'm wishing you all of my best on this Election Day.

For something I care so deeply about and worked quite hard on, it's incredibly difficult for me not to be there today, to not be able to VOTE NO on the Marriage Amendment, to not be knocking on doors and getting out the vote. Please know that I'm thinking of all of you, urging you from afar to VOTE NO, to tell everyone you know to VOTE NO, and will be waiting with guarded optimism to see the election results (and there in spirit with all of you waiting on the results at the Monona Terrace). I look forward to national news coverage about an incredible celebration of victory.

For more information on the Amendment, where to vote, how to register to vote, etc.: http://www.fairwisconsin.com/vote

Thanks so much and best of luck,
Heather

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home